Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Max: One year old

This is the most bittersweet post of the year. Our baby is so close to being a toddler. We had such a good time all day for his birthday and went out for a big cake smash after dinner. Those photos are awesome! and are coming very soon.....
IMG_7705 web

With all the excitement on his birthday morning I completely forgot to take his photo like this. I didn't take it until late in the day and he wanted NOTHING to do with it. I can't believe I ended up with this one. He's never been this crazy for the photos! He was attacking the bear and trying to dive right off, hence the crazy hair.

He is walking all around the couches and tables and toys. He has tried to get up on his hands and feet a few times, but no standing unassisted yet. And he sure seems to be trying to talk. He makes lots of new sounds, but actual words are still mama, dada and bop (which I think means brother and/or ball). He has discovered airplanes and plays so much by himself now. I have to pull all the blinds half-way up, create a perimeter around the couch side tables from drinks etc. and I'm having to re-babyproof the office. The kid is an incredible eater too. Shocker, right?
This was 7/3/12 (I'm posting the weekend's pics late!)
Get dat booty in da air.

But the biggest change this month is his mega attitude! It was like overnight a few weeks ago he started growling, hitting and throwing. I am constantly blocking my face from him because he hauls off and whacks me. We call him Evil Baby now. We're going to the pediatrician tomorrow so we'll make sure this is a normal phase. I sure don't remember it specifically with Carson.

Here is another I found from last Wednesday that Carson asked to take. He is good!
.

No comments: