Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 54: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo...Take 2.

Carl has to work every 4th Saturday, but that means he has every 4th Friday off in return. We've been wanting to get back down to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo ever since taking Carson two years ago, but I loathe going places like that on weekends. My mom and I also took the day off and we all went down. Man it was hot, but we had a lot of fun again!

The big draw at this zoo is still the giraffe exhibit. Getting that close to them and feeding them is an awesome experience. Unfortunately, I took Carson up to the bathroom right when we got there and Carl didn't know I wanted him to wait for me to take Max to the giraffes for the first time. As we were walking back I could hear him crying and realized I was missing it. I am still so bummed about it, but there's nothing I can do now. I really wanted that first experience caught on camera...... After I got there Max got over the initial shock and thought they were hilarious. He kept laughing at them, but also wouldn't take his eyes off of them.
IMG_8177 web
IMG_8176 web
IMG_8190 web
IMG_8161 web
IMG_8160 web
I really love all their details.
IMG_8153 web
IMG_8152 web
IMG_8133 web
IMG_8237 web
The otters did these flips in front of the glass for about 10 minutes straight!
IMG_8243 web
Carl went with Carson on the carousel the last time we were here so it was my turn. Honestly when it started I thought I was going to drop Max! It started off really fast and he started going up and down. Pair that with my incredible grace and I was a little nervous we were going to take a dive. Haha
IMG_8268 web
O. M. G.  Who is this kid?
IMG_8326 web

No comments: