Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 31: Zooed Out

After a few days of heat up to 100 degrees I saw that today was going to only be a high of 80. I've been thinking about getting a membership to the zoo this year since our museum one expired and I'm a little bored with two years at that place. It was nice and cool and cloudy this morning so it made for the absolute PERFECT day to spend outside. I couldn't have imagined better weather. We were there from 9am-1pm and only left because my legs were like jelly after pushing that stupid heavy stroller for so long. Carson even said his pants were hurting his legs, whatever that meant. This was Max's first trip to the zoo too. The last time we went he was still in my belly. I think. At least I don't remember taking him to the zoo yet......

As soon as we walked in we saw that all the lions were awake and eating. I've never seen one awake at the Denver zoo so it was really cool to watch 4 of them interact. Lots of the animals were up and going today!
IMG_7201 web
IMG_7205 web
IMG_7210 web
I <3 this bird.
IMG_7221 web
Watching the seal and sea lion show.
IMG_7232 webIMG_7229 web
As a pink lover, flamingos are one of my very favorite animals to watch.
IMG_7251 web
I was giddy when I saw this sign! One of favorite memories (and photos) from childhood is standing at the same kind of sign at Hogle Zoo. I'll have to have my mom dig mine out. :)
IMG_7261 web
After a good 3 hours Max finally laid back and crashed. He refused for so long, I'm sure because there was just so much to look at. 
IMG_7262 web
IMG_7271 web
IMG_7268 web
He won't let me get out of the zoo without a ride on the carousel and the train. I didn't think we'd make it on the train because Max was sleeping, but he woke up just in time. 
IMG_7273 web
IMG_7276 web
I took this pic with my phone. Carson was right up to the glass and this hyena walked up face-to-face with him. Unfortunately, I think I know where his head was at and I'm thankful for thick glass.
Dinner? I don't trust that guy.

But my favorite moment was when we were watching the kangaroos. Carson looked at me and said, "Mommy, did you know kangaroos have very special pockets?" I asked him what they are for and he said, "their little babies". I didn't know he knew that and it made me smile.

And now I am seriously zooed out. Like my body is dead. I'm actually thinking that going there for a few hours every week or two is a great idea for exercise since you don't feel like you are getting a workout until you crash at the end!

No comments: