Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 97: Tattooed

8.25.2012

For my entire life I've said I will not get a tattoo. Not because I look down on them, but because I'm so freaking indecisive that I knew I could never commit to something. But recently I got the bug and decided I wanted something small that represents the boys. I also discovered white tattoos and that sent me over the edge for the decision. It has taken me months to decide what to get and I still hadn't totally made up my mind when we walked in for the appointment. LOL 

I ended up going with crossed arrows for a few symbolic reasons and the boys' initials. This is nothing like my original plan, but I totally love it. I'll post pics when it has healed. Right now it is not too pretty!

I wasn't too nervous. Okay, just a little nervous. I worried more about the outcome than the pain.

Getting prepped.
 What has 2 thumbs and just got her first tattoo? --> this girl <--

I didn't know this was a video, but Carl was recording this as we got started. Calm and collected, but man it hurt more and more and he went! I look a little nervous here.....Carson was peeking at me and trying to make me laugh behind Carl. Toward the end of the video Carl is trying to get my attention, but I remember in that moment thinking that I didn't want to move because it was nerve-wracking and painful!


Here is a preliminary shot of the tattoo!  See, the ink is white, but my skin is so red that it's hard to tell what it will actually look like. haha  It still really hurts after two days.
The size and placement.

Before all this happened I was at a photo shoot all day and Carl took the boys to play. We hadn't ever been to the REI and Confluence Park area downtown, but know it's a popular place. Apparently they have a cool trolley and the boys loved it. It has been fun to go do my own thing and get these updates of Carl getting alone time with the boys!
Untitled


No comments: