Thursday, May 17, 2012

School's out for summer! [ Preschool ceremony, 2012 ]

Our big 4-year-old is officially done with preschool for the year. His school has been so incredible and he has learned SO much in four short months. I love that it is part of the school system, but hate that we now have three months of no school because of it! I'm terrified that he's going to totally tank after all the progress he's made since being there. To be honest, I have been dreading this time, which sounds horrible, but I'm so used to four quiet days for work now! But I woke up this morning happy to have his company and kind of excited to not be on a schedule. I mean, I work at home for a reason People! (aka, I like to have my coffee before my shower and not set an alarm EVER.)

All but four of the kids in his class are moving on to kindergarten and I don't think he really grasps that he won't see most of them anymore. He seems to be excited to stay home for awhile, but I'm sure that won't last very long. Carson, Lilai and Balan were the only 3 boys in the class, but Miss Alice promised that next year will be more balanced. Luckily these 3 loved each other and were a nice balance of calm and crazy. Guess who the crazy one was......

Also, you'll note all the nice clothes on the kids, except for Carson. I didn't get the memo that they should be dressed up and Carson doesn't have a single shirt that isn't a t-shirt or uber casual. I did put him in jeans! Oops.  Max was so funny during the ceremony. He kept squealing and clapping, just a little early or late and so he got a lot of attention. He is pretty dang cute if I do say so.

Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012
Web Preschool Graduation May 16, 2012

1 comment:

Three Peas said...

I love the kid with the tie and dress shirt - it's all creased up because it just came out of the box. I guess men do this because they learn it when they're little. ;)