Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 1: Can I do it?

Last year I challenged myself to a photo everyday for the month of April. Carson was turning 3 and I was nearing the end of my pregnancy with Max. Honestly, it was so hard to keep it up for even a month. I definitely missed some days and it was a lot of pressure. But I feel like the world is making me hurry up right now and I'm missing our own moments. I still get a ton with my phone, but I need to get out my camera more. I am putting out a self-challenge that I want to start taking photos of them most days. I will strive for everyday, but won't beat myself up if it doesn't happen. No deadline, just memories when I can make it happen. I will feel more guilty about no photos at all than missing a few days here and there. 

I'm thinking I would like to get at least one photo of each of the boys everyday, either separately or of them together. Sometimes that may not work out, but I don't want to favor one over the other. Some days it may be one photo, some days many. They both grow faster than I can even believe! I've been taking photos here and there, but having a hard time finding time to process and post them. I had a totally full two CF cards today that I went through from two weeks worth! It's kind of like how it's easy to put the laundry in the washer, but hard to dry, fold and put it all away to finish it off.

I decided this today for many reasons and did it. Here is day 1.

Max's favorite quirky thing to do is pull everything out of boxes, laundry baskets, shelves etc. He gets the windmill arms going and it all ends up on the floor. He discovered Carson's book shelf yesterday which has been messy fun. Today he found his own laundry basket and was determined to get it empty. This was the defining moment where I knew I needed this memory on camera.
IMG_6397 web
IMG_6403 web
IMG_6430 web
IMG_6435 web
While I was doing this, Carson was "hiding" in a bin.
IMG_6419 web

No comments: