Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 164: HALLOWEEN!

10.31.0212

In general I'd say Halloween is at the bottom of my list for favorite holidays. But somehow with these kiddos around it is making my fondness a little larger. 

I knew long ago I wanted Max to be dressed as Max from Where The Wild Things Are. When we decided to name Max while I was pregnant this book became something I would read to Carson to show him what his brother's name would be. The outfit is adorable and Carson said he wanted to be a Wild Thing with him.

But then we were at Costco a few weeks ago and he spotted a SWAT costume with all sorts of police toys to go in the vest. He was instantly sold. Granted, he didn't know what SWAT was, but definitely that it was a "cool police officer". I showed him SWAT later while watching The First 48. :)  I couldn't believe how many people stopped and commented on his costume throughout the day! It seemed so basic, but I guess it was kind of unique. I was also worried that we'd have a hard time seeing him in the dark wearing all black, but that white SWAT really stood out. 

Earlier in the day we tried to go out and play, first to the library (which was closed even though their site said open....) and then went to play at the mall. We passed by this big mirror and took the opportunity for a silly action shot. Max refused to wear his costume that morning and someone asked us if he was in stripes as the prisoner. LOL  No, he wasn't. 
Halloween 2012

I was so happy when Max kept the costume on to catch the last of the day's light for a quick photo or two. I die at how cute he looked!
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Not going to cooperate for Mommy though...
Halloween 2012

We could not believe how well Max was keeping up while trick or treating all by himself. He would run right along with Carson and squeal and wait for Carl to scoop him up and take him along to the door. He walked for almost an hour while carrying a semi-full bucket without a single complaint. He seriously seems to just love to be part of the action, especially if it is outside. 
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012
Halloween 2012

And again, we tried for a quick pic of all of us and Max wanted nothing to do with it. It seems to be a Halloween tradition at this point.
It isn't a Halloween family photo if one of them isn't screaming.
Carson's insane haul for a 4-year-old.
OMG.

No comments: