Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Swimming! Well, sort of.

For starters, you'll notice I am going to start adding a watermark to my photos here. It's not something I want to do, but I get paranoid. I have heard so many stories lately of people's photos of their kids getting stolen and used in not-so-nice ways. I wouldn't think I'd be at risk, but lately I've had some bizarre hits from all around the world. It isn't fail-proof, but I don't want to set it as private so I'll do it just as a starting barrier. For any of our family or friends, if you want a copy of any of the pics, just let me know and I'll send them to you without the watermark.

Anyways......
Carson loves being outside, but he gets into trouble without anything out there to play with. We will hopefully be getting a small sandbox soon, but yesterday he said he wanted to swim. After his nap we filled up his blow up pool with warm water, got suited up and went out. Apparently he has a very different opinion of what it means to "swim" though. I got him to put both feet in and then he jumped back out and was done. 
He did like scooping the water in his tractor. He really likes his shovels right now which is why I want to get him a sandbox.
He just ran around and around. Eventually he threw his hat in the pool and put his sunglasses on upside down. He's been doing "blue steel" face for a week now. It's our favorite. (I just noticed that you can see me in these ones....weird!)

Then the glasses went in the pool too and this is as close as he'd get.

Poor Sophie wanted to come out with us so bad. We hung a bird feeder on the awning this weekend so all the cats have been hanging out at the screen door.

At some point she found her opening and made a run for it. Any time in her life she has ran outside she just rolls around like a crazy cat all over the concrete. She'll never ever run away or go more than a few feet, but she loves rolling in the dirt. She was covered in dust and birdseed after this. Carson thought it was hilarious.

Our neighborhood pool is opening again this year! Since all the houses are going up around us they had to open it back up. Apparently the will be doing swim lessons and yoga etc. there through the YMCA so maybe we'll finally get some use out of that HOA money!!!

No comments: