Monday, March 2, 2009

Downtown Aquarium

Carson and I went to the Downtown Aquarium this morning with my friend Lauren and her two boys. I was hoping Carson would be able to enjoy himself and have fun since the first time we all went he was only about three months old. But instead he was totally scared.

Their elevator was broken so they took us up in the freight elevator (because of the strollers). This dropped us right in the center of the experience at the huge water flood section. It gets totally dark, there is loud lightning and the water rushes out everywhere. Carson started screaming! I ended up carrying him through almost the entire thing. He checked out a few of the animals, but still spent most of the time gripping my arm and watching the other kids. Go figure.

We stopped in this section where there was a little more light and I thought I would snap a few pictures. I decided not to use the flash, but there wasn't enough light so most of the pictures I took turned out too blurry. Oh well, here are the only usable ones of the bunch!




3 comments:

Tara- said...

When we came down there last year we took all the kids there- I thought it was AWESOME!!!! it was so much fun..... We loved the shark tanks,,, and those nasty bright green eals--- :) fun stuff

Three Peas said...

At least he's not too old to need his momma's comfort...you're in trouble when he gets too old for that and he's a "big boy"!

The Smith's said...

I don't know which would be worse: him clinging to you, or him running around like a wild child (like mine does most of the time)... I think I'd take the clinging!!