Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011

This is going to be a reeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyy long post. I brought my laptop along on our drive to Utah this weekend and that's the ONLY reason I have these photos to show now. Where does time go these days?!?!  

My dad got to come out for Friday to Monday which made our weekend that much better. The boys (Carson, Max and Dustin) all got beyond spoiled. We let them open a present on Christmas Eve. Carl told Dustin to open one of the ones that Jordan sent and it was a little too big to be the Christmas EVE present. He ended up getting this PS3 with two games, a Nintendo 3DS with 3 games and an iPod.
IMG_3048 psed web

The gift Carson got to open was this horse on a stick. He tries to "giddy up" everything in our house so I ordered this thing hoping he'd use it instead. And he got it this night because I couldn't figure out how to wrap it. I just gave him the brown box. haha
We asked him what he wanted to name it and he immediately yelled, "Cowboy Balone!". I'm pretty sure this is derived from Karl Malone (pronounced the same, but with a B) which was in one of his monster truck library books. We all laughed so freaking hard.
IMG_3052 psed web
Daddy and the boys - Carson got new Christmas PJs and Max wore the ones that Carson did on his first Christmas. :)  Yes, Max is a big boy!
IMG_3066 psed web
Grandma Susan and the boys
IMG_3105 psed web
On to Christmas morning.........   Carson got a ball pit and a trampoline. 
IMG_3131 psed web
You don't jump on the trampoline like a super hero?
IMG_3153 psed web
IMG_3141 psed web
IMG_3134 psed web
Me and my boys.
IMG_3172 psed web
IMG_3175 psed web
IMG_3185 psed web
IMG_3187 psed web
I was shopping at TJ Maxx and found one lonely Stinky the Garbage Truck. I knew this would be a hit so I called my dad to see if he was still looking for a gift for Carson. See, for MONTHS we had to go straight to the Stinky display in the grocery store before we did anything else to play with this thing. I was not going to shell out $60 at Target for it, but when I found it months later I knew it was a sign. He was pretty excited and surprised since he had forgotten about it by now. 
IMG_3212 psed web
Dustin was on world 8 by the next morning on Mario. P.S. There are only 8 worlds.....
IMG_3225 blog web
IMG_3229 psed web
Carson got his "5 buck monster truck", aka a remote control Jeep.
IMG_3243 psed web
Carl got me and my mom each a Snuggie. I still can't believe he actually paid money for these things. She loves hers. I already returned mine. Oops.
IMG_3249 psed web
Aunt Christy and Max
IMG_3253 psed web
My dad also bought Carson these Nerf guns. We ended up with a full on Nerf war in our house. Carson couldn't quite pull back the gun himself to shoot so he had Luke to help him out. We were all dying laughing at these guys.
IMG_3255 psed web
IMG_3259 psed web
IMG_3261 psed web
IMG_3266 psed web
I flipped over just in time to get this video. I love it! Watch to the very end to see Carson's sign off.
After the fun died down the boys crashed hard. Max had had enough.
IMG_3283 psed web
I've been wanting to try shaped bokeh for a while now. I figured my tree would be the perfect place for lots of little lights. This is pretty fun and all done in-camera!
IMG_3273 psed web
Before heading off to take Grandpa to the airport I got a couple photos. I joke to him that since I couldn't have been less athletic I had to give him boys to make up for it. We sure miss Grandpa!
IMG_3293 psed web
IMG_3299 psed web

1 comment:

Three Peas said...

Good call on returning the Snuggie.