Monday, August 15, 2011

6 weeks new

I just have to say it again. I can’t believe how lucky we are to have Max. We try really hard to not say that Carson was a “bad” baby. Ugh, that’s so horrible to say! But he was more than difficult. In contrast, Max couldn’t be more happy and fun so far. By no means am I saying he is a better baby…this has just been a more enjoyable experience. I guess I just value moms who are honest with their feelings and experiences and so I want to be honest. I know probably 90% of it comes from me though. I feel SO much more confident this time and I’ve grown so much in the last three years.

With just 6 short weeks we are starting to get a glimpse into Max’s personality. So far he is a deep sleeper and more of an observer than his extrovert for a brother who has been super vocal since the beginning. He gives us the biggest smiles and we even got some real laughs from him yesterday. He loves to watch you make faces at him and goes nuts when you tickle his belly. He goes from sleep to smiles so fast! For as challenging as it can be to be a mom, it is beyond rewarding. The other day I picked him up and took a deep breath at the side of his neck. In that instant I literally felt that heart-in-your-throat feeling and my eyes filled with tears. Apparently I’m still full of hormones!?

And you’ll see I wasn’t lying about that fist. He ALWAYS has at least one hand in a fist up by his face. We have to pry them open to see those long fingers!

IMG_7632 webIMG_7634 webIMG_7652 webIMG_7695 web boardIMG_7821 webIMG_7854 web 1

No comments: