Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us :)

Today is our 4th wedding anniversary! Time is flying by, but in the best way possible. I couldn't ask for a better husband and father to my little dude.

I rarely have to ask him to do anything twice, even though he has to ask me to do things ten times. 
He takes it upon himself to bring me home big Diet Cokes after he has been gone 12+ hours a day.
He rubs my back many many nights while we are watching TV.
He buys mostly all gray shirts and black shorts, but still asks me if they match.
He'll never ever understand my love of year-round flip flops, sandals and hoodies.
I'll never understand his undying love for buying so. many. pairs. of new shoes.
He believes in me no matter what, even when I don't.
We love each other unconditionally and it feels great!
(Sorry to be so sappy....)

Anyways.
Carl started his new job today! He is going to be a Field Service Technician for Crown Lift Trucks. It seems a little random, but this company just keeps coming up in Carl's life. I honestly think it's meant to be. This was the THIRD time he had interviewed with them over the last seven years and this time it all fell into place. They were very eager to get him which felt great. The car business has always been second nature in our family, but it was getting beyond grueling. It is soooo time for a change! I'm very proud of Carl and everything he does to keep this little operation afloat. :)

And because I can always use an anniversary to shameless post some of our favorite pictures.... 
This is one of my very favorite pictures that came from our wedding. It wasn't even taken by our photographer, but by our pal Luke. This was mid-shot of cake being shoved in my face. You can see some weird ghosting of the action and the cake is flying though the air. You can even see cake shadows on my tongue! It just makes me laugh and feel happy every time I see it.
And a pic of my handsome guy I took just moments before he proposed to me. Think he looks nervous???

We get to go out on a date tonight, yay! 
Love you Babe!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy anniversary to my daughter and son (I don't feel the need to add in-law,Carl). You two and Carson are what make life worthwhile. Thank for sharing yours with me every day. I love you both very much. Mom