Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apparently I was wrong

I said last week that we had a frog in our window well and showed you a picture of it. 
Well, my mom and I were comparing frog sightings and she said the one she saw was brown. It was very obvious from my photo that the frog I always see was bright green. On Sunday we went out with Carson to see what we could find and at one time between four window wells we found SIX frogs! There is the one green frog and then five other brown ones we could pick out all at one time. Who know how many there really are since they seem to come and go under the lining. And they blend in so well with the rocks..
We've been keeping tabs on them and giving them froggie baths, which Carson loves. That basically means we fill up a bunch of water bottles and drip water down by them to get them to jump around. Oh, we found a black and white lizard down there too! I got video of a frog chasing it all around down there.

So yesterday afternoon my mom got daring and said she would go down to the basement to fetch some stuff for Carson. We were talking about catching the biggest brown frog, but I was too chicken. Once we got down there the thing didn't budge. I grabbed one of my tall, skinny vases and she got the frog to jump in. I was terrified it would be able to jump out so I kept a CD case partially over the top (you know, stuff you find in your basement, haha). We brought it upstairs and it was so fun just watching the thing. Carson thought it was so cool. After ten minutes or so we took it out to the front yard and let it go. We are contemplating getting the rest of them out...we are worried the little ones are that big one's babies. Yeah, I said it. We are worried about those stupid frogs! :)
Anyway, enjoy our cool little friend!!! He was such a fun new photo-specimen!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Aww how cute, well he looks cute behind the glass vase. You take great pictures they turn out so cute. Love the updates.

The Smith's said...

holy crap he's HUGE!! ewww...I wouldn't have had the guts to get that close!