Tuesday, July 28, 2009

15 Month Doctor Appt.

Somehow Carson is 15 months old. Don't ask me where the last year or two of my life has gone, but in a good way.

Everything is still great with him though. The only thing is what I attributed to being teething signs is also a cold. The poor kid's upper lip is getting raw because his nose is running so bad. He is starting to have some trouble breathing since he is so stuffy. But again, I can't complain that at 15 months he has had less colds than you could count on one hand. He's such a healthy kid and we're so lucky!

His charts stayed exactly same: 75% for height at 32 1/2 inches and 25% for weight at 22lb 1oz. That means he has grown almost 3 inches in 3 months though! I hadn't noticed as much since he has been wearing shorts, but the other day I put his 12-18 month jeans on him and they looked short. I was seriously shocked!

But anyways...apparently everything he does is completely normal and I'm not the only mom out there dealing with these issues. You really start to feel like it sometimes when you are in your little bubble at home with nothing to compare it to. As moms we naturally compare our children to other people's kids, which can be necessary and harmful on all levels. We are chugging along on this ride though. He's sure a character if nothing else!

1 comment:

erin said...

I hear ya! I can't believe this time last year, I was just barely finding out we were pregnant... seems like yesterday and forver ago all at the same time!