Monday, August 3, 2009

Mondays are the hardest.

And not for the typical "Case of the Mooooondays" reason either. On any regular week I would probably choose Monday as my favorite day. I love enjoying the weekend, but I always have a lot of energy come Monday and I can get us reset for the rest of the week.

But...(there's always a big but)... Carson is making them extremely difficult right now! Okay, that's not fair. I should say I am making it difficult by keeping him home with me while trying to work a full-time job. He just does what he does. No doubt about it, I have it made and I am not complaining. But don't I get a whiny card now and then?

For the last 6 weeks I have had phone teleconferences at 2pm on Monday. I was glad to get them scheduled at this time because Carson usually goes down for a nap around 1:30. The last few Mondays have been horrible though! He must have too much fun on the weekend with his daddy or something because he is thrown off by Monday. Last week he slept until almost 8am and screwed up his nap times. Today he woke up around 5am and I have had to keep him up much later than I want for naps so he would be asleep at 2:00.

By 1:00 he was fake crying, flailing and whining because he was tired. I knew I couldn't put him down until at least 1:30 to make it. I pulled out the video camera because he thinks its fun.
Here was the tired example (and check out my new office gates! YAY!):


I was following him around and ended up on the kitchen floor somehow. Then he thought it was funny to come sit on my lap. I turned the video camera's screen so he could see himself on film and started chatting himself up! Can you understand any of this???


Then, of course, he didn't want to go to sleep at 1:30, 1:45 or 2:00. I'm assuming he was just a little too tired by that point. I stayed with him until the last minute, but he didn't fall asleep until 2:20. I can't miss these calls and couldn't do anything about it. I honestly felt horrible. Carl always reassures me and tells me its okay if something like that happens. It is still really hard to concentrate on reports and patient testing when I know my baby is upstairs crying. Sigh. Here goes the mommy guilt again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, enough of that.

Here is proof that our son is a white boy. And yes, that is painter's tape holding the fireplace grate on. The monster won't stop taking it off and pulling out the wires. Safety first! :)


Annnnnnnd, he's in the hall closet now.


I want to say thanks again to my wonderful husband. I was ready to go to the mall solo on Saturday because he wanted to spend time with Carson after being gone for a week. I haven't been to the mall alone........um, since I was pregnant?!?! I just wanted a minute to go into one store and buy some new clothes that I desperately need without fetching Cheerios off the floor of the dressing room. But then I realized it really isn't as fun without my guys. Carl was game to come along and kept Carson the entire time I shopped. I felt a little like my old self when I would go to the mall in the drop of a hat. I miss that sometimes, but again, it is always better when they are there. Carl is such a good dad and a trooper!!!

Wow. That was long.

No comments: