Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day 2013

I know I'm insanely behind on posting stuff here. I went through this weekend's photos already so I know I'm going to be posting backlogged photos ridiculously out of order.

Our lovely neighbors were running in the Tough Mudder race up in Beaver Creek on Father's Day. They have two little boys too and realized they'd need help watching them while they did the 4-hour race. They were also nice enough to get us a hotel room on Saturday night in Breckenridge so we went from no plans to having a full and fun Father's Day weekend!

We headed up to Frisco Saturday morning to meet our other friends for the BBQ festival. Our first stop before getting there was the boys' favorite treehouse park in Georgetown.

I made the horrible decision of thinking I didn't want to wash my hair Sunday because I knew we'd have to get up and leave so early. Lets just say my hair smelled like a hunk of pork inside a campfire for quite a while. Blech. Sunday night's shower was heavenly. The food was awesome though, including my favorite frozen cheesecake on a stick. I got the same thing the last time we were there in 2010. (after we had just won $1000 in Blackhawk! what what!)

Carson was his crazy self and Max fell asleep. Go figure.

After the BBQ fest we headed to the hotel. We haven't been swimming yet this year because I haven't had it in me to take the boys alone and all our weekends have been booked. The boys loved swimming and it made me want to go a lot more. The outdoor hot tubs were awesome in the mountain air until the jets broke right in the middle and they kicked us out. Oh well. And that is Max's new go-to silly face.

Sunday morning we were up bright and early for the hour drive further into the mountains. We quickly scooped up all the little monsters and found food and playtime. We were getting some pretty funny looks walking around with a 1yo, 2yo, 3yo and 5yo. Haha

The boys loved the gondola ride.

And then there is this. We watched everyone finish the race and it was time to head home. Sundays on I-70 are an absolute nightmare so we took the longer, more scenic way home down 285. This led us right into THE South Park. This is the actual town the cartoon South Park is based in and was so tiny, old and funny. However, we found the one restaurant in town and shockingly all loved our dinner!

While we were waiting for our food I wanted to get a quick pic of the boys with Carl for Father's Day. I don't remember snapping this sequence, but I did. Carson smiling as Max winds up, Carson getting b*tch slapped, Max crying in response as if he had been hit and then Max being devastated when Carson runs for consolation. This set of photos made me laugh so hard!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and love-filled Father's Day like we did! <3 p="">



No comments: