Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer play // Nature Museum, Donuts, BMWs and Personality

We've officially hit the one-month-out-of-school (mom is waking up with a headache) mark. Keeping these guys entertained has been interesting, but fun most of the time. It is so nice when Carson and Max play together (nicely) and give me a minute to step away. I started taking them back to the drop-in daycare one morning per week now that Max is old enough. The first morning I dropped them off Max saw the play room, Carson grabbed Max's hand and off they went, not even looking back to check if I was still there. This is best case scenario I guess. Other than that we've been going out to play somewhere bigger once a week and then the park and other free stuff a time or two in between.

I got a great deal from Living Social for passes for the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I always thought it wouldn't have anything for the little kids, but I was told differently so we tried it. The boys absolutely loved it. At the 4 hour mark I told Carson it was time to go and he melted down. "I wanted to be here for 5 hours!" Yeah, not a great day in our house after that. He has a mouth on him... But nonetheless, they had so much fun so I'm glad I got two sets of tickets for the summer.
The dinosaurs were a HUGE hit.

I'm telling you, the personality that has been coming out of this kid is awesome. I shot these one right after the other and this is what he gave me without any prompting. The cheese face and the silly face.
Carson has been on a space kick. He loved the space and astronaut section so much. The tickets we had came with the planetarium and IMAX show so I thought we'd give it a try. I wasn't confident Max would sit for the 30 minute planetarium show, but as soon as it started I saw their eyes get as big as ever and we were golden. Nothing makes me happier than seeing them experience new and exciting things. Carson has been asking to go back every day since and Max has been pointing out the moon and stars anywhere he can find them. We might have to do our yearly pass there next.

Carson and his best preschool friends got to go to Boondocks for a birthday party. I took him alone since there's nothing there for Max yet so we got to have a Mommy+Carson day, which is much needed sometimes.

Max is still the eater around here. I let him go to town on a donut and it was too funny not to take a photo of him. I'm still kind of obsessed with this little kid. 

He has one 2-year molar that is broken through and we are all of a sudden in the throws of turning TWO. I think I've blocked it all out of my memory. I sat down to talk to a coworker really quick while we were in my room two mornings ago and before I even realized he was there he had climbed up on my lap and fell asleep. Poor kid had a rough day that day.

And this was last night at t-ball practice.... See?

Carl is having a ridiculously fun time with his new BMW. He entered it into the Concours d'Elegance and I already have visions of what he'll look like in twenty years. Lets just say he was one of the younger ones in the crowd. 
And here are all the other recent instagrams and phone shots to share :)






No comments: