Thursday, September 1, 2011

Max's 2 month appt.

Max got to go see the doctor yesterday. He was all smiles until the end of the appointment. You know, when the real fun begins. Poor kid. 

I had my camera in my bag so I grabbed some of him just before the doctor got in the room. I realized I hadn't taken any personal photos for 2 weeks! I've been grabbing my phone since it's quick and easy, but I'm trying to get back to capturing the little moments.
IMG_8558 fam
IMG_8555 fam
He kills me.
IMG_8560 fam

The doctor said everything looked more than great. He's obviously growing well and developing like a champ.
He was 12lb 13oz which I assumed was pretty big. Then I saw Carson was 11lb 1oz at this appointment! Max really is big! He was also 23 3/4 inches which put him just over 75% for both height and weight.

Thennnnn came the shots. He turned purple and then was okay after I picked him up. Then he got a little mad again when we were about to leave. Here's his scrunchy cry-face.
IMG_8566 fam

He cried on the way home, but I knew he was just hungry and now tired. He sleeps most mornings and he had been up more than usual. We got home and he crashed while eating. I scooted him over on the couch and his lips turned into this:
IMG_8567 fam
Think he was tired? Carl told me for Max's sake I shouldn't post these photos. Umm, don't you know who I am? Those lips are no joke.
IMG_8589 fam
IMG_8586 fam
IMG_8593 fam
I got some video of those things in action too, plus a good sleep smile.

I had pulled out that onesie from Carson's stuff and put it on Max for the first time. I couldn't resist going to find the pics I knew I had of Carson in it. It was eerie with Max wearing it because I could only picture Carson in it! He was about 3 1/2 months here and in this blog post:
Carson 063 fam
Here's one I missed from the other day of Max for a little comparison:
IMG_8465 fb
After we got home from picking up Carson, Max just couldn't get settled. He cried A LOT for him. I couldn't get him to eat and he just seemed really uncomfortable. Of course I couldn't find his Tylenol anywhere so I had to have my mom grab some on the way home. I got about an hour of peace with Saint Sleepy Wrap. I seriously will sing this thing's praises for as long as I live. I love every second of having him in that thing. 
Back to taking photos of the little moments, I did some contorting to get these memories.
IMG_8624 fam
IMG_8600 bw fam

After some medicine and a bath he did pretty good last night, other than wanting to eat for most of the night. At least I know when that kind of thing is coming after a day of not enough eating.

No comments: