Monday, August 9, 2010

Rain, rain

This afternoon we both wanted to get out of the house. Carl is gone again, my eyes had taken all the computer they could for the time being and frankly, I wanted to shop. We had some large clouds way out in the distance, but I was hoping for the best. I actually took some pictures coming out of our neighborhood, but at the time I didn't think much of them. Silly me. I won't post any more photos of the sky and bore you to death. :)

On our way!

I spent quite a bit of time in one store (and didn't find much that I liked. I am at home online shopping, can't wait to get my hands on some real stuff, try on an arm-full and hate all of it. I just love the experience of shopping even though I rarely actually buy anything. I have to LOVE something to spend money on it. Then they had all the dressing aisles blocked so I had to squeeze in the tiny room with Carson in a stroller while he pulled everything off the hangers and pinched my legs. Wait, where was I?) I hadn't paid attention to the weather since I was sort of in a zone. We head for the door to leave and I see that it is pouring rain. I mean really raining hard. I'd already spent close to an hour in this one store so I figured we'd wait just outside under the awning thingy to let it pass. I think we sat under there for at least 20 minutes. We were at a corner shop so I couldn't even run to another close store because there was nothing close! It was so dinner time and I wanted to go eat if I couldn't shop!

At least I had my camera in my bag so we could have a little fun while we waited.

And tonight's another night that it is 10:30pm and I'm still up attending to randomness. I have never been a night person in my life, but now that Carson is here I find myself craving the quiet alone time. Of course, I regret it once 6am rolls around which is what his internal alarm is set to. I would give some serious bank to sleep until an hour that started with an E or N.

And if any one reading is on facebook that I haven't friended yet, add me at facebook.com/rachaelwooten. I bit the bullet.

And I notice that I love to start my sentences with And. Sue me.

Sweet Dreams! (as Carson would say...)

No comments: