Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I sure know how to jinx myself.

I really should have kept my mouth shut in this morning's post. I didn't think the injuries would get much worse, but they did.

Carson pushed his little foam couch over in front of the stairs and the gate around 9am. He was climbing all over it, which usually isn't a big deal. Well, this time he must have done something wrong. He fell straight back into the gate mount and split the top/back of his head open. Carl mounted the hinges on a few pieces of finished wood to get it to line up and apparently it is much sharper than we thought.

He immediately started screaming which took me what felt like an eternity to get him to calm down. I thought he was okay until I felt his head and it was really indented. When I looked he had a big gash and it really freaked me out. He immediately started sweating all over his body and was pretty inconsolable. I put a cold towel on it and called the pedi. I hate being that mom, but head wounds really freak me out. The area was pretty swollen and the cut was wide enough that I wanted to get him looked at.

So off we went to the doc. Luckily she said he seems to be 100% and we shouldn't worry about any actual head trauma, just worry about keeping the cut clean. It doesn't need stitches either. When we were there I also noticed he had a huge goose-egg on the right side of his head too. This poor little guy just can't catch a break! :(

This was a quick pic after I wiped it out and before it started to swell. He just may be my child afterall.

No comments: