Monday, May 18, 2009

Good Monday Morning!

We had a pretty relaxed weekend. We ran errands and went to lunch on Saturday then worked around the house on Sunday. And all our cabinets and drawers in the house are officially baby-proofed!!! Carson is SO mad too. He keeps yanking them like he thinks they are going to open and about falls on his back when they stop. He scatters every single thing he can pull out all around the house. I am very excited to not have to pick up jello boxes and cupcake tins off the kitchen floor and makeup and hairties from the bathroom 24/7 now.

See for yourself:


And I am more than happy to report that Carson is still sleeping really well! Lately he goes down around 8:00pm and will wake up right at 5:45am. Today I was able to lay him back down and he slept until about 7:30. He will take anywhere from a 45 minute to 2.5 hour nap in the morning now without any fight at all and still takes an afternoon nap for about an hour. I can't even describe how much easier this has made my life!

And I just wanted to share a few new pictures. We all think to take pictures when we are doing something "special", but my favorite moments are the ones we see everyday and take for granted. I take so many pictures of Carson just doing what he does. I know I will really appreciate them in the future.

I took these pictures when Carson woke up from his nap on Saturday. I love his face when he just wakes up because it still looks sleepy, his cheeks are all rosy and his hair is a sweaty mess. And I really appreciate when he wakes up happy!




He LOVES any kind of pasta, but it is such a mess! This was at the end of dinner the other night and he had devoured a whole tray. It is so much fun to clean up though! :::exit sarcasm:::

3 comments:

Erin said...

he is soo cute! My day will come when ava is mobile. P.S. you're skins are awesome.. I can't find any I like :(

The Smith's said...

Good to hear he is sleeping well! I think a schedule is the best thing you can do for a kid! It makes their world reliable, which puts them at ease!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy he is still sleeping like a champ! It sure makes your life a little easier. I love all your everyday pics of him nothing beats the little moments.