Sunday, December 11, 2011

First taekwondo class

Carson was supposed to start taekwondo last Saturday, but when Carl got there people were playing volleyball. I called and they said the class had been moved but they forgot to tell anyone.

This was supposed to be a parent and tot class. I wasn't sure how involved I would need to be (I'll throw down if I have to.....). I asked the teacher if I should stand with him and he said not unless I wanted to. I just sat down with my mom and Max to see what would happen. There were a lot more little kids than I thought there would be. Carson ended up requiring his own teacher to stand with him because he was so distracted. The big kids were yelling with every kick and there was a lot going on. Plus Carson was one of the smallest ones. We think they combined this class with the 4-5 year old class. He kept wandering up into the front line and doing his own thing. At one point the were stretching a leg to the side and he got confused. He decided to lay down on his side.

Overall I think we will stick with this one. It was pretty hard to describe to him what kind of class it would be. Last week I told him it was martial arts and asked if they get to paint. See? In the end he loved getting to punch and kick and play. We'll practice a little at home so he is more prepared next time.

He's on the left-hand side if the pic in the black shirt.

No comments: