Monday, January 10, 2011

Oops.

So......I'm totally a bad blogger. This is the longest stretch I've gone since starting the blog without a post. Man, life has really caught up with me though! Between the holidays, the monster, the new monster, my business and my real job I haven't had a second to even think about the blog. Honestly, part of the problem is that I have been working on photos so much for the business that it sort of replaced working on our personal ones. Oops. Not anymore though! I'm not making a resolution, but I will slowly be getting everything up from the holidays that I want here. If I keep putting it off though I will miss other stuff in the meantime! I figure I'll start posting again as of now and that stuff can fill in the gaps...

Yesterday we had a snow day. They said we'd get snow, but we don't trust "them" anymore at all. Well, we actually woke up to snow and it kept coming all day long. It was nice that we didn't have anywhere to be and so we relaxed at home. To say we were all tired is an understatement too. Carson has been up by 6:20 EVERY day for weeks now. Carl and I are seriously contemplating going to a hotel for a night just so we can sleep in. That is so sad, right?!?! I've seriously been so pooped with being busy (and pregnant) that I just got our tree down yesterday. Oops.
Anyway, yesterday morning Carson did his normal thing of stripping down butt naked and playing in the bathroom. I've been letting him do this as much as he wants because I figure he'd have to actually pee sometime. Yesterday after breakfast he comes running out yelling about going pee-pee. We go in there and sure enough, it looks like he had gone. We celebrated and cheered and he finally got that coveted sticker that's been dangling in his face with all the potty talk. We put his big boy underwear on him and he refused to put any other clothes on. During lunch we are sitting at the table and Carson jumps down to go play. Next thing I know he is back under the table grunting. Under the table is one of his coveted "poop spots" where he goes to do his business and freaks if you look at him in the process. This time we grabbed him and told him to try and go on the potty. After a few minutes he opens the door and yells for me. I go in and see that he had gone poop, even if it was on the toilet seat. That meant he really tried and seemed to grasp what we were saying. 

Fast forward a while to nap time. I lay down with him on the couch to try and sleep which goes beautifully. We wake up two hours later and I realize I hadn't put him in a diaper beforehand. Oops. We were both covered in pee and there was a pee puddle on the couch. Yay for leather! haha  I didn't get mad at all and tried to change him into new undies. He seemed really upset by it, but went along. About 30 minutes later he was standing in the front window watching Carl shovel. Next thing I know I hear a dripping sound. He is staring at me while peeing straight down into a heat vent. Luckily it was closed, but there was pee all over. Again, yay for wood floors! After this he demanded his diaper and was done with the potty. I guess there's always another day. It at least gave me some hope that it shouldn't be too much longer.
And I have a single photo to post in closing. This is Carson working feverishly to figure out how to hack into his grandma's laptop. He likes to do it while wearing her "sunglasses". 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha that's so cute! He's such a little terror lol.
-Christy