Monday, April 12, 2010

C-Man

I thought I would share my current giggles with you all.

We are starting a new study at work so this means I keep my 'every third Monday' telecon for study one and now had to add my 'every second and fourth Monday' telecon for study two. I was hoping we could schedule the new study for morning time and I'd use daycare for these days, but they wanted to have them at 2pm again. 
Well...Carson didn't nap well at all this weekend, mostly because there was too much fun to be had around him (with Daddy). We put him down an hour early last night since he was so grumpy. So don't you know it, he woke up at 6am today. I figured this meant he'd nap early today and be wide awake by my call time. I'd have to let him watch a cartoon in my room since my call never goes over 20-30 minutes (same thing as when I have to shower when he's awake!). 

But now it is currently 1:50, Carson fell asleep at 11:00 and he is still asleep! He rarely sleeps over two hours, he hasn't had lunch yet and most likely he'll wake up just before or during my call. I seriously don't understand how he always knows how to do the exact opposite thing I want him to do!!! Oh well. I guess it could be worse. He could be screaming at me right now like many other days. haha

And daycare is still going really well. He has been six or so times now. The poor kid starts freaking out as soon as we turn into the parking lot now and cries the whole time I drop him off. But they said it only takes him a minute and he's totally fine and has a great time. The whole time we are driving home he sit back there saying "missed you Mommy!". It's the cutest thing ever. If I drop him off by 8:45 then I'm home just after 9:00. I leave to get him around noon, he's ready for a nap as soon as we get home and usually sleeps until about 2:00 on these days. It is so worth it to get 5-6 hours of "me" time for about $30!

He figured out how to open the fridge and freezer on Friday so we have a lock on the door handles now. A little girl walked up to him at B&N on Saturday and he looked at her and said, "Hi Friend!". He is obsessed with playing outside right now so we've been letting him stroll in and out of the back door. Carl taught Carson to say "Ewww, yuck" when I give him a kiss. He has completely lost all interest in Yo Gabba Gabba all of a sudden and unfortunately switched to Caillou. If you don't know what it is, be happy.


Ahhhhhhh........It's 1:55 and he's now waking up as I post this. I have five minutes to get food and a cartoon ready! Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

AH Caillou is the worst! He is so whiny, I can't handle him. You should try to get him to watch Sid the Science Kid if you guys have it there... SO stinkin cute!! It's on PBS here...