Monday, October 19, 2009

I give up at planning with a toddler.

We had a fun afternoon planned for yesterday that we had been anticipating for awhile. We were heading up to Boulder to get family pictures done, the weather was awesome and we were all set.

Apparently Carson had different plans.

We know that he loves to be outside and runs in circles non-stop. That's why we have so many pictures of his back and so few of him actually looking at the camera. I thought if we hired a photographer we could actually all 3 get in the pictures and maybe it would help that I could be on that side to help focus him. Pause...Not.

We literally spent 2 full hours chasing after him while he screamed and cried. We will be extremely lucky if we get even one of us all looking and smiling because he had the most intense pouty face for the whole time. And it sure wouldn't be for lack of effort from the photographer! Thanks again for your patience Kelsey!!! He wouldn't hold our hands, wouldn't just stand at our feet, refused to just let us hold him, turned the other way when we came to him and so on....... A random homeless-looking guy even stopped with a puppy and we couldn't get him to calm down for that. I mean, puppies usually always work!

The only thing that made him stop crying was if he had his snack cup, sippy and/or a cell phone. So our Christmas card this year may include some Goldfish or electronics. Please don't judge us. :) But on the positive side, we all looked adorable, if I do say so myself and we'll get some awesome pictures even if they aren't exactly what I wanted.

I can't wait to see them!
_____________________________________________________

On Thursday we got a box of stuff we ordered online, which included some shoes. Carson went to town and tore it all apart and he was having so much fun that I just let him make a mess. I went in the office since he was keeping himself busy for a minute when Carl called. I turned the corner as I answered the phone to find this:


I yelled at Carl, threw down the phone and grabbed the camera. It was too cute to pass up!


I've still been working on some crafts in my free time. I love to sew, but still need as much practice as I can get.
I made this blanket for my cousin Bonnie's baby shower last weekend:


And I tried out a stuffed taggie elephant to match. I thought they came out really cute!


I also made my first wreath. I had some double-sided chocolate ribbon that I wanted to use, but didn't want a traditional ribbon wreath. I bought a foam form and tied on a bunch of pieces to cover the entire thing. I bought a $1 hook at Walmart and spray painted it brown. The whole project was about $10 and I LOVE how it turned out!


I seriously love our red-orange front door and the chocolate brown looks so fall-like on it. We have our pumpkins from the pumpkin patch on the stairs too for the fall effect.


So pretty! :)

3 comments:

The Smith's said...

You are so crafty... love the wreath!
Kaestin has just barely started smiling for the camera again, which hasn't happened since he was about 14 months!!

Tara- said...

Cute Cute wreath! :)

Kelsey said...

Not to worry Rachael! We got some good ones, if I do say so myself. There's even one of all of you smiling! :) They'll be up later today on the blog!