Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What a horrible way to start the day...

Carl had to go to the DMV to add his new motorcycle endorsement, so I figured I would go with him since I have never gotten a CO license. Hey, it has only been a year and a half! We ended up being there for 2 1/2 hours and we got there only 15 minutes after they opened.

The DMV is such a miserable experience, but you see some of the most strange things and people while you are waiting. The clerk that finally helped me was very odd. He ended up entering my social wrong and spelling my name wrong which added close to a half hour to the whole process.

We did have a pretty funny exchange though. It was very loud, Carson was starting to get really fussy and I was just tired and not thinking clearly. The clerk was talking really low and I was having a hard time hearing him.

Him: Read the three questions posted in front of you and tell me the answers.
Me (reading questions too quickly): No, No and No.
Him (blank stare): Did you read the questions?
Me: Um, yeah. No, No and No.
Him (another blank stare): I think you might want to read number 3 again.
---Question #3: Have you surrendered your out of state license?
Me: Oh, I get it now. No, No and Yes. I thought it meant that I had given up my license because I got in trouble. Oops.
Him (a very strange stare): OoooooooooooK.

I felt like a big dummy. But it was almost redeeming when he had to call me back up to fix his mistakes. TAKE THAT!

I wish it looked more like this:
funny pictures

1 comment:

Grandma Susan said...

That's funny....they didn't ask me that and I still have my Utah license.