Monday, May 25, 2015

Sloane // Ten Months Old

My baby girl. She looks so insanely big in this photo! I can just feel toddlerhood right around the corner. This last month has brought so many changes and advancements for her. She had been army crawling to slowly get around for quite a while. All of a sudden last month she got her knees under her and took off. From that day on we couldn't keep her in any room. She is attacking everything in the pantry, going up the stairs, pulling up on anything she can reach, using us to get up and then lets go to stand alone for a few seconds at a time....

Her personality is exploding too. If I had to give her one adjective I'd say she's spunky. She squeals at any and all animals she sees, whether it is a cat, dog or fish. She laughs hard, hits hard, pulls my hair out in chunks, has growling back-and-forths with you, arches her back and melts down if she isn't happy, stares at you and yells until you share any food she thinks you are eating, rolls over and powers her way to a sitting position as soon as her diaper comes off for changing, and is starting to give some sloppy kisses...to her doll. I could kiss her squishy little face all day long and sometimes do whether she likes it or not.

She is an amazing eater so far. She loves food and will drop anything she's doing to eat. She LOVES her bath time too. She stands up, sits down, stands up, dives forward, stands up, splashes, and repeats. She crawls at super speed anytime a gate or door opens, especially the shower door. While we're washing Max (or helping Carson since he's had a cast the last 7 weeks...) in the shower she will crawl between our legs and splash the water on the shower floor. She comes out all wet and doesn't even seem to notice.

She's still a tiny girl. These pants are 9-12 months and she's drowning in them! She's still comfortable in size 3 diapers and is about totally out of 9 month pajamas because of her length and foot size, just like her brothers did. She has 5 teeth and her 6th on top is about to poke through any day. She still loves to be worn and we reconnect every day for a late afternoon nap this way even if we didn't get out in the sling another time.

She just woke up from her morning nap before I took these photos and was mega grumpy. I let her hold a big bottle of hairspray I got yesterday that she carried around the store for a good half hour. She had a grip on it while I got her undress and then dressed and wouldn't let it go for the photos. I had to trade her for my camera lens cap so that's why we have an addition to the photo. And I have no idea where the boys put the stuffed bear I always use so this is the first time he hasn't been in one of our monthly photos. :(




No comments: