Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy 6th birthday, Carson!

It is crazy to write that Carson is 6! I know we say and think this about our kids every single year, but it feels so crazy. One more month of school and he's a first grader. ::mind blown::

We had his birthday party this weekend at our clubhouse so we'd have plenty of space to spread out. He wanted a Lego party so a Lego party we had. I wanted to go with the Lego City theme since that's all we gravitate toward, but they don't really sell anything like that for parties. I ended up having to DIY everything, but tried to keep it pretty simple. I invited his entire class plus friends/friends' kids so we ended up with well over 25 kids and all their grown ups. I was super scared all week I wouldn't be able to keep them entertained long enough, but that didn't end up being a problem at all. They all bounced from building cars to coloring to playing with a big ball and having snacks. All in all, they seemed to have a ton of fun which is all that counts. Carson got an insane amount of presents too. It made us want to say "no gifts" on upcoming years because we felt bad! We'll try to keep it way smaller in the future, but this one was a blast with all his buddies everywhere.






I had them all guess the number of Lego candies in the jar. Whoever was closest won a Lego set.

This photo made me giggle as soon as I saw it. The game of "throw the big ball around like crazy little people" got pretty intense.



I knew I'd need a lot of cake so I just went with a full sheet from Target. The problem was that they don't offer a Lego cake so I had to get a track from the Cars 2 set, without the toys. I gave Carson a new police and robber set early so he could put it together for the cake. The Lego candles were sold in sets of six also so I couldn't resist them.

Cake anticipation…...







Somehow he stopped long enough for me to get this shot. He is such a handsome little man.

Poor Max. He had kind of a rough week and the party started right in the middle of when he should've been napping. I figured we'd just keep him up and see what happened. Well, he played hard, ate hard and then crashed hard.


For proof that I was at my own party….. Luckily Jen made me stop for a selfie :)

On Easter morning he wanted to get right at building a big Lego set from Christy. We didn't get time to open presents at the party so now we're just making him wait until his actual birthday. He got to dig in a few though so this came out as a priority.

No comments: