Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What to do when there's no power?

Take a bath, of course!

Yesterday we had no power from noon until after 8pm. Carson had an appt at 9am so I did all my errands in the morning or else I would have just gone out for the day. The power went out right after he had (finally) fallen asleep for his nap. He woke right up because of the silence and ended up sleeping a total of about 12 minutes. We were so bored...we played, colored, did some dancing, played games on my phone, etc. Technically it wasn't much different than a normal day, but it was just so quiet and I couldn't do anything I wanted to. Plus, my phone wasn't charged so I was scared to entertain us too much that way. 

Anyways, around 3:00 I was getting cold so I decided we would go take a swim in the big tub. We got all of his bath toys, his Thomas bubble bath, I got my retired bikini and we hopped in. 

I realized that I don't think I've taken a single picture of Carson in the bathtub since he was around 3 months old. It was nice and light so I snapped a few pictures before I got in.

I was bummed this one was a little blurry, it's so cute! Actually, stupid Blogger makes all the pictures look blurry even when they are in perfect focus. Grrr.




I forgot to grab his bath cup so I had to let him use the insert to his potty. It was clean, I promise! :)


Whenever I try to take pictures of him while we're playing he always attacks me. I end up with most of the shots looking like this. hehe


He did sit still for one quick shot before the ambush.


He is sure talking up a storm still though. This week he has added: house, tree, hippo, giraffe, keys, book, cookie AND Oreo (Carl knows the important words to teach......), bread, and on and on. He still can't say any C or K sounds which sucks because all he wants to talk about are cars and trucks. So for whatever reason he calls them Mayos, except our car he calls Jeep :). They are building a house in the lot behind us so he obsessively keeps track of what's going on back there. He repeats Mayo, Bye-Bye and House over and over again while pointing and watching. He added the Bye-Bye because he would want to see them 24/7 and they're not always there so we had to tell him the went bye-bye.

And he got his appetite back in full force this week after the last while of it being nonexistant. Everytime you have it figured out they add a new phase to keep you guessing.

That's all I've got right now. Things are pretty quiet around here. That can be a good thing though. I have a work teleconference at 9:30am on Friday that I know is going to last over an hour. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do so that's my only worry at the moment. Unfortunately my only option will probably be to put Carson up in the PnP with snacks and a cartoon and hope for the best. :(  I feel bad, but I really can't think of anything else as an option. I guess I'll just take him out for the day after that to make up for it!

2 comments:

The Smith's said...

I think all your pictures look great! I think he looks SO much like Carl in that last picture!

Michelle said...

I can't believe how fast he is growing up. You must love that he is starting to talk. Conversations become so fun to have with them. Love that he watches the house being built, such a boy!