Monday, April 20, 2009

Carson's Early Birthday Celebration

We decided to give Carson his birthday cake a little early since his birthday is on a Tuesday. I wanted to make him a tall cake that he could smash down, but it didn't go quite as I pictured. I made him an apple spice cake with homemade whipped cream and cream cheese frosting. I have never decorated a cake like this and it was kind of a visual disaster. Oh well! Of course, all Carl cared about was that there was a lot of frosting to get all over Carson.

All naked with a mohawk and ready to go! (We thought)



He wasn't too sure about this whole thing.


A little help from Daddy



Okay, now he figured it out!





And then......Daddy thought he wasn't messy enough and pushed his face in the cake :(
Look at that pouty face!


It didn't take long for him to get over it.





Then we got to dig in and finish the rest of it. It was yummy!


Singing Happy Birthday


Still not too sure what is going on...


Wait, this tastes good!


Action shot of Carl smashing his face in the cake and then laughing. (Sorry for my HORRIBLE filming skills in this one...)
Mean Daddy!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Smith's said...

How fun!! I think the cake looks awesome, you are brave doing that blue frosting, I totally stuck with white!!
Oh and tell Carl not to quit his day job to be a singer...! ;)

Three Peas said...

Too cute!!! I can't believe he's one!!! Give him kisses for me!