Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It had to happen sometime...

It feels like we have had so much going on lately.

Carson has his first major cold. He has had a little bit of a runny nose for two weeks (starting after we went to Monkey Bizness and my friend's little girl got sick after that day too), but on Thursday it turned and he isn't liking life. He has a horrible deep chest cough and so much mucus. He doesn't know how to cough it up so he starts coughing, gags and projectile-vomits EVERYWHERE. It has been a blast. I have done everything in my power to help out, but you just have to ride it out. He has been so clingy and refuses to sleep anywhere but right next to me. Oh well.

We have had to clear his nose out so many times that he knows what is going to happen as soon as we even walk in his room. He screams at the top of his lungs the entire time the blue bulb is in sight. I feel so bad, but he is so congested he can't even nurse because he can't breath with his mouth shut.

And needless to say, I am now sick too. I shouldn't be surprised since I have been coughed and sneezed on for two weeks.


But don't fret. He is still well enough to torment us is any way he can find.
Carl hates when he pulls out the DVDs. I think it is funny. :)




We had to send our TV out for repair on January 15 because it started to get a dark shadow in the middle. We have a warranty for it, but now the say it will cost more to fix it than replace it. We decided to take the buyout and ordered a new TV on Sunday (a bigger and better one!!!). But this means we have been without a TV downstairs for 4 weeks now. It is beyond annoying to watch TV in our bedroom with Carson. That room is so not baby proofed and he has found anything possible that he shouldn't have. Hopefully we only have one more week of this...

I am also very happy to report that we signed two new contracts at my company so my job is safe right now! Our last project ended in September so I had been sitting back hoping and praying that something else would come through. I am so lucky to be able to stay home with Carson while keeping my career and full-time income. I honestly don't know what I would do if I had to go back to an office at this point. I'm spoiled!!! But hour-long teleconferences with a very loud baby are difficult. I wouldn't recommend them!

Carl hurt his back at the gym Thursday morning so he is FINALLY going to a sports medicine doctor today to start the rehab process. He has had really bad problems with his back and hips since he crashed bobsledding in high school and never did anything about it. He has been in so much pain the last 5 days and can hardly even walk.

So...our house is bizarro world right now. :) Hopefully Carl and I can sneak away for diner and a movie or something this weekend for V-day since we are pretty worn out.


2 comments:

Tara- said...

Poor lil man! we have also all been sick too- I swear since Nov- I'm getting over MONO yaaa I did say MONO... yuck... its been very difficult but I'm moving through it.. GET WELL SOON xoxox Tara Saline drops work wonders while your cleaning his little nose out!

The Smith's said...

Poor guy... having a sick child is no fun.
We had the DVD tornado (whose name is Kaestin) come through our living room daily. I finally bought a huge CD case and took the covers off the DVD's and just put the DVD's in there. I ended up just throwing the covers away... it wasn't worth the hassle.