Thursday, February 12, 2009

I...refuse...to...sleep...

I don't think I have talked much about Carson's sleep (or lack there of) on here much. All I can say is that he isn't a fan of sleep, at all. I have read so many books and tried so many different techniques and the only way he will sleep soundly is in my arms or in our bed. It seems like as soon as we make some progress something happens...sleeping in the crib then teething, sleeping in the crib then vacation, sleeping in the crib then he is sick.

I know it will all work itself out, but I just hope it is sooner rather than later, for my body's sake! For such a little guy he sure takes up more than his share of my side of the bed. I have totally come to terms with it all, but then we have something like this happen that just makes us laugh.

Yesterday Carson took his morning nap in his crib. (YAY!) Then he crashed while nursing in the middle of the day and refused a nap in the afternoon. By the time we got to dinner he was yawning and obviously tired. But the kid just fights sleep like you wouldn't believe. It is almost like he just doesn't want to miss any of the action.

We were all eating and talking when Grandma noticed Carson was dozing off. I grabbed the camera - you can see how stubborn he is though! He NEVER just dozes off anywhere like this.

3 comments:

The Smith's said...

Oh my gosh... that is seriously so funny. Every time he wakes himself up, he looks at you guys like "What?!?!"
Oh and a reclining high chair... the kid is livin large. I'd fall asleep in that any day, it looks comfy...
I was seriously laughing at my desk, people at my work probably think I'm crazy!!

Tara- said...

THAT WAS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! let me just say this Rachel once there in your bed -- holy hell they NEVER want out!!!!! it sucks... good luck love ya :)

Three Peas said...

Hehehe...too cute. Do you think the Sleepy Wrap and all the naps so close to your body had something to do with it?