Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New This Week

It seems like a lot as happened with Carson during the last week.

1. He found his toes. If he is even close to being in a position to reach them to his mouth, he will be sucking on them. It only took about a day and a half of putting them in his mouth for him and he figured it out on his own. I have changed numerous pairs of sock and footy PJs because they are soggy. :)


2. He found his voice. For about 3 days now Carson just shrieks for no apparent reason. He isn't screaming or crying, just yelling to hear himself talk. For the most part he has been a pretty quiet baby as far as cooing goes so it is so cute to hear him start trying to communicate.

3. He figured out how to blow bubbles. This really doesn't help us out in the whole drool department, but it is really cute.

4. It seems very likely that he will be crawling soon. He is always on his tummy (by his own fruition) and is trying so hard to push off. He seems like he has been so close so many times now. I always lay him down on the play mat on his back with his feet against the kick pad (the back side of where you can see the hand prints). Today I walked away for a second and this is where I found him when I returned... Since he rarely rolls tummy-to-back, he has to be getting around somehow.


5. He can sit up so well in his new infant seat. I decided to get him this seat so he can play and watch me while I am fixing dinner etc. The first day we tried it he was completely bent over. This was the second day and he is now doing so great! He loves to chew on the toys that he bends to his mouth. And did I mention the excessive amount of drool we are dealing with here???






6. He's up another size all of a sudden. This is just something I take note of, but we have only been using size 1 diapers for about 6 weeks and 0-3 month sized clothes for about 4 weeks now. It seemed like we used the newborn sized stuff forever. This week I bought size 2 diapers and he wore his first 3-6 month outfit. So much for those new outfits I just bought him! He is so long and skinny that all the clothes are too short and too wide. It all fits him really goofy.

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

Holy crap... He's so cute!