Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sloane // One Year Old

Whaaaaaaaa! That's me crying because our last baby is a big girl now. :( She was extra sleepy this morning and I tried for over an hour to get her to wake up so we could get the day started. She needed the sleep though.

My little lady. She has her moments of attitude sprinkled all throughout our days, but overall she is such a fun-loving, happy little girl. She has almost figured out this walking thing and is so proud of herself. Each day this week she has added on a few more steps. She can walk across the room if she wants, but it will take a few more days until she has it totally down. She knows she can crawl somewhere faster.
She's working on her 7th and 8th teeth on the bottom on each side of the center 2. That big toothy grin when she is excited is the cutest thing ever. She is still a tiny thing, but is getting bigger each day. We will see how much she's grown next week at the doctor.

We've had one more seizure scare this week, but I now know what is causing it. It is definitely coming from her getting upset and holding her breath. I can tell when she's doing that specific cry and have to immediately calm her down and bring her out of it. That will be a big topic of discussion with the doctor for sure. 

Then there's these two. I took the top photo of the 3 when she was 6 days old and just hung it in our living room this week. I told Carl I wanted to recreate it and am so happy I did! Her big brothers love her so much... I am always telling them to stop fighting over her, literally and figuratively. She gets right in there in the play and action with them and they are so good and keeping her company if I'm trying to accomplish a task. Their bonds with her is something I will always remember and try my best to encourage.

This is their favorite thing to do right now. She climbs right up in the Tonka truck and the three of them drive around the house, each taking turns to pay tolls at the cash register. She seriously played this with them for 2 hours on Monday!

We pushed it too close to nap time to do photos this morning though. She barely gave me that one with the bear after shooting with the boys and was SO done after that. She does this duck face when she's tired and grumpy with her little pouty cry. It's my favorite. It makes me want to kiss her which makes her even more mad. :)  We'll have to attempt birthday dress photos this weekend because I am in love with this dress!!! It's a keeper for sure.

Then we took off for Little Monkey Bizness. She is so playful and loves the crawler area. She tries to do most of the things that are a bit too big for her, but she makes it happen, whether her face takes the brunt of the fall or not. 

No comments: